||Complex 18, Pad A
This is Pad A at Complex 18. The small white building is the equipment house.
To its right used to be the Vanguard launch stand. The rusted
steel plating we're standing next to carried cabling that led back to the
From 1956 until its deactivation in 1965, Pad A supported a total
of 24 launches (14 Vanguard, and 10 Blue Scout Junior). Both of these vehicles were only launched from Pad A - no
other complex or pad at Cape Canaveral supported them.
Photo courtesy of Steve Sanders
Mission Flight Control Officer, CCAFS