||Complex 18, Pad B
From 1958 until its deactivation in 1962, Pad B supported a total of 23
launches. Up until 1960, Pad B supported the Thor DM-18 (along with pads at
nearby Complex 17). In 1961, Pad B launched Blue Scout 1 and Blue Scout 2
vehicles. The final launch was a "Mercury-Scout", a Blue Scout 2 with a Project
Mercury communications payload.
The blockhouse is visible in the distance just
to the left of the ramp structure in the center of the photo.
Photo courtesy of Steve Sanders
Mission Flight Control Officer, CCAFS