||Complexes 1-4 were once in
Just north on Complex 22 is the area that was once home to launch pads 1, 2,
3, and 4 - the first launch facilities at Cape Canaveral. Launch pad 3 hosted
Cape Canaveral's first launch: a Bumper-WAC was launched on July 24, 1950.
addition to supporting Bumper launches from Complex 3, the area also supported
Snark and Matador launches from Complexes 1 and 2, and Bomarc, Lark, Redstone, and Polaris
launches from 3 and 4. The area was used by the U.S. Air Force in the
1980's for aerostat operations.