||Complex 15 blockhouse
This is the Complex 15 blockhouse. Complex 15 (along with Complexes
16, 19, and 20) were built toward the end of the 1950ís to support launches of the Titan
missile. The first launch from Complex 15 took place on February 6, 1959. The Complex later supported Titan II
launches. The last launch took place on April 9, 1964. After supporting a total of 26 launches, the Complex was finally
deactivated in March 1964 and dismantled shortly thereafter.
The small blocked-in area closest to us is the transformer pad. The square building immediately behind it
housed a utility room (left side) and toilets (right side). This building was never occupied during launches.
Tunnels on either side of the square building led to the single entry of the blockhouse.